Monday, November 3, 2014

Blog 3

I have also been thinking a lot about what I want to do as a career. As a freshman I thought I knew for sure I wanted to become a Psychologist. I loved talking to people and helping them with their problems. I was so excited coming into College that I knew what I wanted to be and I was ready to prove to everyone that I could do it. After my first semester I didn't realize how much work Psychology really was. I am more of a visual learner and in all my classes were long lectures that I just couldn't keep up with. Coming into Psychology I thought it was going to be completely different. It never crossed my mind that I needed to learn all the scientific parts of it before actually becoming a Psychologist. I just thought it was going to be a piece of cake and I would fly right through it but of course that wasn't the case. After my first semester I knew I still wanted to work with people/children so my advisor mentioned becoming a teacher. Being a teacher never crossed my mind until I came to college but I thought it was a great idea and I thought I could really be good as a teacher. This is my first year taking Education classes so far and I love it. I still have that unsure feeling when it comes down to what I really want to be but for the most part I think I have finally found something that I will love and could be good at.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying it! You will get to constantly learn as a teacher. Being a part of a community, both one of educators and of your students, is one of the best experiences to have (in my opinion). I used to love when the day would start and I would look around our morning circle and think, "I have my little family here!" The bonds that are formed in the classroom are awesome. You will certainly use psychology skills in teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelsey I think you commented on my blog about this but I'll see if I can offer you any additional insight! So in my opinion teaching is a little bit harder than psychology, but I understand that everyone has different opinions. With that being said, I think with the psychology background you have, and now with the beginnings of an education background you could probably be a really kick ass school counselor or even a psychology teacher! Anyways, I am happy you're enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way when I came into college. When I came into college I really wanted to look into psychology for my major, but then I found out how much work it was going to be and that we wouldn't get into the field earlier enough. But with education we can get into the field and working with students so much earlier then any other major that I have looked at. I think it is important to get out and do stuff we are learning in the classroom. But this was a great post and your not alone!

    ReplyDelete